Sunday, August 29, 2010

Qiyyam in the Masjid

Salaam alaikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh everyone,
insh'Allah you're all in the best of health and the highest of iman today...
alhamdolillah I returned about an hour ago from doing a qiyyam in the masjid...and ooof I'm so tired, my back kills, I have a headache, and my tummy's upset, but alhamdolillah nonetheless because it was AMAZING

For those of you who don't know what a qiyyam is...it's when you spend the whole night in worship at a mosque. I read so much Qu'ran alhamdolillah, and got to pray tahajjud with the other brothers and sisters there...and mash'Allah there were some very beautiful lectures in between by a mufti who was visiting...mash'Allah they were so good they gave me the chills and brought tears to my eyes. I really wish I could have recorded them...but insh'Allah they'll be recorded in my memory for years to come.

After tahajjud we only ended up with 10 minutes for suhoor...so that's why I have an upset tummy right now :( Let's just say that nutella and hummus are NOT a good combination...loool, but obviously I wasn't thinking of that at the time when I was hurriedly grabbing food to eat, so I guess it's my fault for not being more careful about what I put in my body : /

So that's it for now...I'll update later insh'Allah when I'm feeling better.

Salaam alaikum!

No comments:

Post a Comment