Monday, August 9, 2010

Ramadan is Just Around the Corner!!

Alhamdolillah, it's that time of year again...Ramadan starts tomorrow night, insh'Allah!!
I'm so excited because Ramadan is my absolute favorite time of the year!

I have a really good feeling about this Ramadan because alhamdolillah I feel like I've made an effort to prepare myself this year, and I really hope that insh'Allah I can fully benefit from this blessed month.

Here are some of the goals I have created for myself:
- use my time wisely
- make an effort to spiritually re-connect with Allah(swt)
- offer my fard salaat on time, and offer sunnah prayers as well
- pray tarawih in congregation every night I can at the local Islamic center
- look for Laylat ul Qadr in the odd nights of the last 10 days of Ramadan (remember that according to the Islamic calendar, a new day starts at Maghrib, so insh'Allah look for Laylat ul Qadr on the nights of the 20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 28th days of Ramadan, because these will be the ODD nights!)
- finish the Qur'an in ARABIC (for me this is gonna be a stretch, but insh'Allah I'll do it!)
- start taking Qur'an classes on the weekends at the local Islamic center so that I can insh'Allah improve my Qur'an reading and comprehension skills
- read the Qur'an in ENGLISH with TAFSEER
- read my abridged version of hadith by Bukhari
- do some other Islamic reading when I'm feeling "bored" (as opposed to watching mindless TV)
- be more charitable

WOW looks like I'm gonna be busy, insh'Allah! I know that a lot of people probably share a lot of the same goals as I have, but I'm still curious to know, what are your personal goals for this Ramadan?

p.s. sorry for being MIA for a couple months...eep! I will try to be posting more often, even if it is about silly little things like what I ate for Iftar and Suhoor lol :P

May Allah(swt) grant you all a blessed and successful Ramadan, and may He(swt) accept your fasting and all of your good deeds, ameen!

No comments:

Post a Comment