Saturday, August 21, 2010

So...My Life Isn't Terribly Exciting...

Salaam alaikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh everyone,

Insh'Allah you're all in the best of health and the highest of iman! ^_^

So, I haven't updated in almost a week and...*here come the excuses*

1. I've been kind of busy with work/going to the masjid/trying to get as much sleep as I possibly can

2. I'm just lazy and haven't really felt like writing anything

3. I always feel the need to write about really interesting things that I think people will actually want to bother to take the time out of their day to read...unfortunately for y'all I don't think my life is that interesting :P

So, since we've last met, a few things have happened:
1. I'm on day 3 of my "vacation"...ahemhem...I know this might sound really silly of me...but I always pray that it comes sooner in Ramadan rather than later, just so that I don't miss out on the last 10 days. So I'm happy it came when it did ^_^...LOL...now you're probably all feeling really awkward. On a side note...any other gals out there feel kinda self-conscious during Ramadan when you're on your "vacation" from fasting? I always feel weird being allowed to eat and drink...especially when I have to explain to people WHY I'm eating and drinking again for a week -_-'

2. Alhamdolillah on Wednesday August 18 it was my three year anniversary of me taking my shahadah! I plan to post a little bit more in depth about this later insh'Allah, in the interest of not making this post too long, but I will just say this. Alhamdolillah for EVERYTHING that I've been through over the past three years. I'm so blessed to have been guided to Islam, and I feel like over these past three years, I have grown and matured spiritually by leaps and bounds. I keep learning and growing more day by day, and I am very thankful for the simple fact that I AM A MUSLIM. ALHAMDOLILLAH!

3. I went to the Thursday halaqa at the masjid again, and alhamdolillah this time I felt sufficiently less awkward. I feel like this time I was able to bond a bit more with the sisters there, and I felt more comfortable. Last time I felt really awkward because I was pretty much one of the oldest people there (because they're "youth group" halaqas) and all the other sisters there were high school age...and me being 20, I just felt kinda old and out of place. LOL. But alhamdolillah this time I just kind of let go of feeling like I didn't really belong there (after all the brother who runs it is in GRAD SCHOOL...so I wasn't the oldest one there, and I felt really silly for feeling "too old"...because, after all, you're never too old to LEARN, and that's what I'm there to do after all). This time it was nice, because I kind of felt like I fit more into the "big sister" role, and the other sisters were more comfortable talking to me this time around, which was nice...last time much of the conversation we had was made up of awkward silence...heheh.

Tonight insh'Allah I'll be going to another community iftar, so I'm excited for that!! Even though I'm not fasting, I'm still looking forward to the yummy food, and spending time with other Muslims ^_^

I hope all of your fasting is going well, insh'Allah! Until next time, salaam alaikum!

No comments:

Post a Comment