Thursday, August 12, 2010

RAMADAN MUBARAK!

Salaam alaikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh,

Alhamdolillah it's day 2 of fasting for me...and I just wanted to say RAMADAN MUBARAK to everyone! Insh'Allah everything is going well, and you're all enjoying Ramadan so far!

I just want to put it out there that I dislike working while I'm fasting. I feel like it takes up a lot of my day that could be used for doing other productive things...and when I come home I'm SO TIRED. However, alhamdolillah that I do have a job...and insh'Allah it will get easier...I've just never worked full time during Ramadan before. It's not like I'm doing anything physically demanding (unless you count lifting 20 pound boxes every now and then physically demanding...) it's just mentally draining. I stare at very crowded jewelry displays for 8 to 9 hours a day and try to organize them, and put more jewelry out...it can be extremely frustrating because lots of things get tangled/put back in the wrong place/broken etc. It seems like sometimes I spend hours fixing something, only to have it be completely destroyed 15 minutes later. I often find myself wishing I could be doing something else more spiritually productive.

I'm sorry for the rather long complaint...I know I shouldn't but I'm just feeling a bit tired. My schedule during the weekdays looks something like this:

3:45 am-ish : get up for Suhoor, find something to eat and drink while trying not to make too much noise so as not to wake up the rest of the house
4:20 am-ish : pray Fajr, go back to bed for a bit more sleep
6:00 am : get up and get ready for work
6:30 am : drive to work
7am - 3 sometimes 3:30 sometimes 4pm : work
anywhere from 3:40-4:30: come home, pray dhohr, use internet, take nap
7:00pm: wake up, pray asr, read Qur'an until maghrib
7:50pm ish: eat iftar, pray maghrib, get ready to go to the masjid
9:10pm: drive to masjid
9:30pm-11:30pm: pray isha and tarawih at masjid
midnightish: arrive home, eat a small snack, drink some tea, collapse in heap on bed

lol I'm hoping that I'll get to work more on my goals during the weekends...right now though I'm just exhausted T_T. Time for a quick shower, then I'm going to the masjid for a halaqa, and insh'Allah I'll be eating iftar and staying for tarawih.

Salaam all! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment